Nick,
I sucessfully use the VST FireWire CardBus Card (www.vstech.com) in my
Wallstreet M4753.  This card is specific for PB G3 Series Macs.   Try also
www.smartdisk.com for same.  The card works great even after upgrading this
old buggy to G4/500Mhz/40Gb. Can't remember what I paid for the card but VST
or SmartDisk will be happy to let you know the current price since I bought
it a year ago.
Vicki A.