I continue to have a similar problem with the same machine wallstreet 250. I
thought it was fixed because it has been running fine for the last week or
so.

However, yesterday the system locked up when browsing the internet. The
pointer stopped moving and the keyboard would not respond either. I ended up
having to used the fn-ctrl-shift-power to shut it down. Upon startup there
was a significant pause of silence after the chime followed eventually by a
pulsing hard drive and flashing question mark. Booting with the 10.2 install
disk and using the disk utilities I was able to repair permissions, so it
could see and access the disk, but it still would not boot.

I am currently in the process of wiping the drive and reinstalling. This
time I have partitioned the drive in hopes of possibly being able to recover
without reformatting. Would it be any help installing 10.2 on both
partitions? I do not have an os 9 disk and being a newbie I am not familiar
with os 9 anyway.

I am also not planning on installing the 10.2.4 update this time to see if
that has any effect. Will I notice anything different if I do that?

Thanks
--Kris