Where I live (SF Bay Area), the FM spectrum has been full since
1968, so there's potentially interference on any channel I select
on the iRock transmitter (88.1/88.3/88.5/88.7).  This can be mitigated
by playing with the orientation of the transmitter antenna (the
flexible connector).  If your FM radio has an adjustable antenna,
adjusting its position also helps.  Some people report that unhooking
the antenna on their home stereos reduces the interference from
outside transmitters.

I recently used the iRock with a small boombox for a small class
where there was an open musical discussion.  I had examples for
almost everything that came up in conversation in iTunes (though
it wasn't as impressive as in the heyday of Napster).  There was
some distortion at peak modulation, though I couldn't say where in
the chain the distortion originated.  Overall, iRock + boombox was
more effective than the PB speakers would have been, and it was a
great deal less effort than hauling in an AC-powered sound system.

Romain Kang                             Disclaimer: I speak for myself alone,
[EMAIL PROTECTED]                except when indicated otherwise.