Well it seems the winter storms here in Australia have claimed their
first victim :

One of the G3 PowerBooks in the house was left plugged in (network)
and on last night (you bad people!) and come this morning it can't
see / be seen by the network.

An investigation / test of the machine and network seems to point to
the onboard ethernet having been fried.

Replacing the motherboard to solve this problem will be just too
costly and I suspect there's no one out there who will do a component
level repair for anything substantially less than the cost of the
mobo anyway.

Luckily none of the other computers, printers, hubs, switches, cable
modem or peripherals were damaged!

So in short I'm looking for a PCMCIA 10/100 ethernet card for this
machine. Its running OS 9.2.2 - OS X compatibility would be nice but
not essential.

Any recommendations on brands / products?

As an aside - has anyone seen a USB Ethernet adaptor that actually
works / works well on the Mac? My experiences in PC land tell me this
is a no no.

Cheers, Antony.