Glad tidings!
I just got a 400 Mhz Lombard with DVD yet.
I needed the sellers guidance but I found the Apple DVD player and was
able to see a little of a Bond DVD. Now to hunt up a S-video cable and
see what it looks like on the larger screen.
The DVD drive is a Matshita "DVD-ROM SR-8171 rev 080E" , is this the troublesome one? I have noticed that sometimes it won't recognize a CD or DVD. It also seems to start up periodically and move the heads. Is it supposed to be doing this?
It's got 128 MB RAM, I'm thinking it would be worth upping that for OS 9.2, how much makes sense? Any preferred vendors?
I need to get a expansion bay floppy, is the VST superdisk the best option?
I'm also moving up the the keyprints on the screen problem, I can't see them when the screen is on, should I worry about them? Are they going to get worse?
Lastly this machine came without the rubber feet and the IR port window.
Any tips on sources? I've located a bottom case on E-bay that I could get the parts off, we'll see how cheap it goes.

Thanks to all for sage advice...

--
Andrew King
Ann Arbor Michigan