Checking on 802.11g stuff from Belkin -- top rated in the recent Macworld
for throughput, btw -- I found a link for refurbished hardware available
directly from Belkin.

<http://catalog.belkin.com/IWCatSectionView.process?Section_Id=1982>

Choose Network. Item is Wireless Cable/DSL Gateway Router F5D6230rw3

Would you believe an 802.11b (AirPort compatible) switched router for $50
plus $7.50 shipping? I've been having problems with my Hawking router,
ordered the Belkin, and set it up yesterday. It's nice to have AirPort,
even nicer to have what may be a more reliable router.

The router supports cable modems and DSL. It has one WAN port plus three
switched 10/100 ports -- one goes to my 10Base-T network and the other to
my switch for 100Base-T machines.

If you're looking for a low cost router at all, this is a steal.

If you'd like low cost support for AirPort, this is a steal.

If all you need is a 3 port 10/100 ethernet switch, it's a bit much.

But to get all of that in one package for $30 is impressive. No, it
doesn't support the higher speed of AirPort Extreme. Yes, 3 ports aren't
a lot -- but you can daisy chain hubs and switches if/when you need more
ports.

Someday I'm sure I'll go 802.11g (AirPort Extreme), but 802.11b is faster
than my Internet connection, so I'm very happy with the performance and
price.

While you're there, you may also want to check out Belkin's refurbished
USB products. I picked up a powered hub for $4.99.

--
Dan Knight, president, Cobweb Publishing, Inc.
 <http://cobwebpublishing.com> <http://lowendmac.com>

Please have your pet peeves spayed or neutered.