On 29/05/03 23:39, Keith Potter at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>  I'm trying to connect a giant HP Laserjet 5SI MX to my Pismo (which is
> running 10.2).  I'm running the connection through a router (an SMC
> Barricade).  I think I need to use IP Printing to make the computer find the
> printer.  Does anyone know how to figure out what the printer's IP is?

As Laurent alluded, the Laserjet 5si MX should have a front panel
menu of some kind that allows you to view/print/set its network
configuration, which may be what you're looking for.

Also, some of the older SMC Barricade routers have a parallel printer
port on them, so it's also possible the printer is connected there
instead of through the network.  In this case, you would connect
via the router IP address using LPD protocol to the queue "lp".
Personally, I would prefer connecting through Ethernet instead of
the parallel port, since CAT-5 wiring allows greater distances and
physical flexibility than parallel printer cable.

Romain Kang                             Disclaimer: I speak for myself alone,
[EMAIL PROTECTED]                except when indicated otherwise.