I havent restarted or shut down my Pismo in months, well, I will tonite, have to update to 10.2.6, I am behind, I just sleep it in Mac OS X.

David

On Tuesday, June 10, 2003, at 06:32 PM, Dr. John Pullyblank wrote:

I'm surprised by people advising that the problems associated with sleeping mac laptops should be simply avoided by not using this powerful function. I regularly work at public desks where I open my Wallstreet, wake it, and begin working, while the windoze crowd boots up to loud music. The whole point is to take less time. It is also my understanding that upon waking from sleep, the mac scans ports, which I sometimes use to reconnect with peripherals. For OS 9 at least, I recommend the program "sleeper."

John