On Thursday, June 12, 2003, at 07:07 AM, Robert Benjamin Johnston wrote:

There are quite a few good take apart sites on the web. The sound board is
the last piece to come out, but you can do it. You will need a torx
screwdriver. If you have never dissected your powerbook before, it may be a
little daunting, just make sure you keep track of all the little screws,
they all start to look alike. I recommend punch of plastic baggies, throw
the screws into the bags with the part they were attached to. If there are
attached to the case then draw your own little diagram.

most techs use plastic bins - you can get them at Office Max, Office Depot, etc etc, and at most computer stores that also sell tools - MicroCenter, Fry's, etc. effectively, they're just like ice-cube trays, but with more compartments and a top.

if it's a take apart that's particularly daunting (any iBook) or that I haven't done in a while, I'll put scraps of paper in the slot with the screws... but generally, i fill each slot with the screws that were required to take out a specific part even if some of the screws are different. all the screws from the logic board, or the modem, or .. you get the picture.

lots of techs also use paper cups in mostly the same way, but they stack the paper cups as they go.