Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2003 21:21:19 -0500
Subject: Re: building a better mouse (was "17" Powerbook")
From: "David M. Ensteness" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

 "Not Invented There":
 Bluetooth, Airport, USB, OS X, SuperDrive, DVD Studio Pro, Final Cut
 Pro, iTunes...

 i don't know, I'm guessing they're quite a bit over "not invented
 here" syndrome, and have been for quite some time.

Very true - but for AirPort, they co-developed it with Lucent.

David

Also think that the software in the card and the base station came from two different sharewares. IPNetrouter in one of them, and a different ware in the other.

Returning to the mouse thread. Don't care about the different implementations of mouse buttons between OS. Especially on powerbooks with trackpad/clickers conveniently located near mod keys, spacebar and arrow keys which can assist in window navigation/scrolling. Have been comfortable moving around in both worlds. Trackpad can also be used for clicking and dragging, and scrolling. Definitely don't care to hook up an external mouse. Yes, it would be simple to make the click bar rock to implement a two button version.