On 6/19/03 8:03 PM, "Andrew Main" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> Spew into the
Cybertrough:

> Seems to me I remember seeing someone was offering upgrades for (dual
> USB) iBooks, to convert the plain CD drive to CDRW or Combo drive. I
> thought it was MCE, but I don't see anything on their site. Does
> anyone recall this?

At a selected 40or so different CompUSA's in the US (including the
Clearwater Florida Store) you can now walk in and buy Apple parts to upgrade
your Desktops and Laptops.  Including Superdrives, Combo Drives, HD's and
Video Cards.  IT is a new thing from Apple.  Enough people complained.
I find it funny because you can't walk into the Apple Retail Stores and buy
an actual Apple ROM'ed Superdrive off the shelf and install it at your whim,
but you can at a CompUSA.  Price is pretty reasonable too.  $319 for the new
4x Superdrive.

This means that you can buy a $1499 1GHZ G4 MDD and drop a Superdrive in it
(keeping the combo drive) making the price the same as the upgraded
model...but with 2 drives!

Kyle H. Hansen
--
Jesus Saves...but Gretzky grabs the rebound and backhands for a goal!!!