"Michael J. Granado" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

>I have a graphite Apple Base Station, Powerbook Pismo, and a recently
>purchased DSL SBC Yahoo account. I was given a DSL modem by SBC. When I
>connect the modem directly into my Pismo, internet access works fine.
>When I connect my modem to the graphite Base station, I don't get an
>internet connection. What gives? I can get an Airport Signal on my
>laptop, and I even configured the Base station from my laptop. But I
>just cant seem to get "wireless" internet access. Any help would most
>be appreciated.

Sounds like some sort of configuration problem (but you probably already
guessed that, right? :)).

First off, make sure the Airport is configured the same way you configure
your Pismo.

If that looks correct, then check if Yahoo/SBC uses PPPoe.  If so, then
you'll need to update your base station firmware to 1.3 for starters.
If that doesn't fix it, then search the Apple support site with both the
"Airport" and "PPPoe" keywords and you'll find lots of articles; but
start here:

for OS 9: <URL:http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=106872>
for OS X: <URL:http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=106747>

Hope this helps,

-Jeff    [EMAIL PROTECTED]
--
"You can't brew a premium lager with a kool-aid mentality."  --Harold Green in
_The_Red_Green_Show_