Now If I could only find a good website telling me how to set up the cam as
a webcam (that old style, non streaming, new pic every 10 secs), I'd be
happy ... Nowadays looking for that in google only reveals xxx stuff ..

Have you tried looking for info like that on something like techtv.com? I was just thinking that if you could find a site with some decent information on it, you could bypass the xxx. Otherwise the boards at macaddict.com have been helpful for me.

Just a thought if you havent given those a go yet.

Cheers,
matt