To the list:

I have sure you have had this question before so please forgive me.

I am trying to resurrect an old Wallstreet and itıs almost ³alive.² I am
running OS X 10.2.6 on a Wallstreet with a Newer 466 processor upgrade with
512 of RAM with a Lucent Orinoco Gold Card.  My ISP provider is Comcast.  I
am using a Linksys Router which connects to the cable modem.  I have an
regular Airport base station connected to the router for my wireless net.
My wifeıs G4 is connected directly through the router and accesses the
internet just fine.  My main laptop is a Pismo with an running OS X 10.2.6
which connects to the internet just fine.  Or at least did until I had a
head crash on the hard drive, but thatıs another story.  I have tried
several drivers for the Wallstreet without success. I can connect to the
internet with the above setup without any difficulty in OS 9.2.2 with
Airport with a great signal using either iCab or Explorer.  I installed
IOExpertıs wireless driver and much to my delight it worked.  Much to my
despair it only worked for a couple of minutes.  I had previously
uninstalled drivers from SourceForge and MacWireless. The SourceForge driver
had a simmilar problem to the one listed below.  The MacWireless Driver
wouldn't work at all. I uninstalled both the SourceForge and MacWireless
drivers.I checked for their files and theyıre all gone.  Here is some
information that you may find relevant.  The IOExperts drivers have
installed without a difficulty.  When I go to System Preferences and check
the information for the driver, the card recognizes the network, with a
great signal strength.  I cannot connect to the internet via the WiFi card
but can connect using the built in ethernet port without problems.  I have
checked the network preferences and the Wallstreet is getting a dynamic IP
address wirelessly.  I have removed the router and tried to connect
wirelessly directly to the base station which again works fine in OS 9 but
not in OS X.  I have reset the cable modem without success.  I have repaired
the permissions on the disk using Appleıs disk utility repeatedly until
their is nothing to repair and again I cannot get it to connect to the
internet in Jaguar.  In both Camino and Explorer the computer cannot find
the site.  I have used the Network utility to ping.  Again, it works great
from my wifeıs computer with is hard wired to the router by an ethernet
cable but absolutely will not ping anything wirelessly from the wallstreet.
I cannot ping anything on the internet nor can I ping my wifeıs computer
wirelessly.  If there is some easy fix for all of this please let me know.
Itıs particularly frustrating since Iım getting a strong signal and it
managed to connect wirelessly for about ten minutes.  Any help would be
greatly appreciated.

Ben

<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>