Not sure if this will help, but I needed to print from my Lombard to my Apple
Laserwriter 4/600 (serial). I got an Asante unit on eBay and it works great through
ethernet with a crossover cable. You have to make sure you get the correct Asante Talk
(I'm not at home and can't tell you which it is). I got a wrong one first. I don't
know about Canon printers, but if you have the driver and it's serial, I don't know
why this wouldn't work. The ethernet cable goes from the Lombard to the Asante and a
cable out of the Asante goes to the serial printer.

Willi