On Wednesday, June 25, 2003, at 01:04 PM, Laurent Daudelin wrote:

Hi there!

I've just received a brand new BTI battery for my Pismo. I put it in and Mac
OS X initially said that it would take 38 minutes to charge. Now, it's been
going on for maybe 15 minutes so far, the system says I'm down to 28 minutes
to charge it. However, there doesn't seem to be any activity on the battery
itself. The battery has a similar switch to check the charge remaining, with
4 LEDs, but no LED are lit. Pressing the switch briefly lit the 4 LEDs, but
nothing else.

Does anybody has such a battery? What can I expect? The other thing I found
a little strange is that BTI recommends charging the battery for 10 hours.
However, if Mac OS X thinks it will be charged within the next half hour,
I'm guessing it will stop charging the battery. How can I achieve this 10
hours charge? Or maybe the battery was already charged? Any idea?

It does sound charged, IIRC even when "full" it will trickle charge. I would leave it charging for 10 hours, it can't hurt.