Kurt Appling wrote:

> RE; I had heard of them being introduced, I would like very much to
> know how well it turns out, I am useing 40 gig 5400 rpm toshiba mine
> came with. TI 800
>
> On Friday, July 11, 2003, at 01:39 PM, Mark Kippert wrote:
>
> > Roger Shufflebottom on 7/11/03 11:12 AM wrote:
> >
> >> For those who are interested, I have just installed the new
> >> IBM/Hitachi 7200 60GB drive in my PB 800.
> >
> > Wow, I didn't know they were making a 7200RPM drive now. Cool!

Anyone know what the speed of the hard drive that came with my Pismo 400
is?  In 10.2.6 it says Toshiba MK1016GAP...also shows 9.36 GB (1K=1024) and
11GB (1K=1000). It seems to be fairly fast but I expect to need to upgrade
the size to about a 40GB or more shortly...What are the recommendations for
that size or greater...Also any ideas as to the going prices for 40GB +
drives?
Thanks in advance,
Mike K
BTW..The Battery Check utility that lista's were kind enough to tell me
about last month worked great for the 24 days I was stuck in Cambridge
Mass...While there I hit the Apple store at the Cambridge Mall then drove 32
miles N to the Rockingham NH Apple store and got the 30 GB iPod with NO
sales tax + the educator discount...along with the HK Sound Sticks...Finest
Kind!!!