James Comas wrote:

Having put a 256MB module in the top slot of my WallStreet II (233MHz), I'm now interested in replacing the 32MB module in the lower slot. But a technician at my institution told me that, on this particular configuration, the bottom module is soldered into the slot and not easily removed. Anyone know if this is true?

I know others have already answered but I figured I'd add my $0.02.

I have replaced the bottom memory module in two Wallstreets. In both cases I put a low profile 256 Mb module in the lower slot. No soldering involved.

You do have to remove the Processor board to change the lower slot.
Clark Martin
Redwood City, CA  USA
Macintosh / Internet Consulting