Hi!

I have been offered a new and unused Titanium powerbook which the seller says he recently obtained from an Apple employee at Cupertino. But there is no proof of purchase with the machine.

Without proof of purchase would I have no warranty, if there is a major failure of some sort in the first year? I thought one could tell the age from the serial number. Would that be sufficient for a warranty?

Does anyone know the answers?

Mike