> You don't state if you have any applications open or what OS
> you are using. Your computer chiming is trying to get your
> attention about something, but we need more info to determine what.

        This is probably common knowledge, but...

        You could try turning on speech for error messages. If this is
caused by an error dialog popping up behind the active window, it'll
chime, then read the dialog text to you. This has proven to be pretty
useful to me.

        Cheers,

Jim Anderson

Blardy blar blar blar...