Christopher Hack on 7/28/03 4:40 PM wrote:

> Is there some way to forward details of a suspect auction to eBay officials?
> I have tried looking repeatedly. I have tried sending an email to their
> fraud investigators. As far as I can see it, the truth is they do not want
> to know. If they do want to know, they should set up a very simple way of
> forwarding the auction number of a suspect auction to their fraud office.
>
> Chris

This link takes you to a page that will allow you to report a fraud (or
suspicious activity). It walks you through the topics in order to narrow
down your specific issue: <http://pages.ebay.com/help/basics/select-RS.html>

It took me a few moments to find it. I clicked on the services (ie. services
available to buyers and sellers) link at the top of any eBay page. When I
scrolled down the page I saw the topic Safe Harbor with a link to fraud
protection.

Clicking on Fraud Protection took me to a page with an overview of how eBay
deals with fraud. Near the bottom of that page I found a link to a Fraud
FAQs page. <http://pages.ebay.com/help/basics/fpp.html>

eBay is huge. Just like any huge institution they have a lot of information
covering every aspect of their organization. It takes a while to wade
through it but it's there. I doubt that there is an quick easy way to find
anything on eBay, good or bad.

For what it's worth, I've reported questionable activity several times to
eBay. This included one seller dealing in pirated software, a seller
charging a surcharge on PayPal credit card transactions (which is against
the law), and a seller misrepresenting an iBook as a PowerBook G4 (the specs
listed were a mishmash of two models with a picture of an iBook).

In every case eBay dealt with the situation. The seller who was pirating was
removed from eBay. The surcharge was removed from the auction text and the
iBook ad was ended early by eBay.

HTH,
-Mark