Hi~  is the pram battery rechargeable on the
Wallstreets?  I've been having tons of trouble with my
ebay-bought Wallstreet... I think the pram battery is
dead, so I took it down to Battery Patrol and the guy
looked inside at the mini-batteries and said that he
didn't know of any lithitum-ion 3v bateries that are
rechargable (he said he could rig somethign up for me
for $25... beter than any replacement I can find on
the web, plus Apple was NO help at all.  As far as
they knew, there was a PRAM battery, but no info on
it... or charge me $50 >< humm...)... but I swear that
I read somewhere that they are...  or should I also
get a PMU replacement too? - although my main
batteries will charge properly, so maybe it is just
dead pram after all.  Aksim X works fine (until the
root directory date gets off because of the loss of
memory~), but in 9, when it begins to start up, I
always get this white, blank rectangle.  No startup or
chime.  The only time it will start up in 9 is when
the book's been off for a while and/or unplugged...
then if I try to restart warm or cold, that same darn
box pops up again.  Also, in 9, the system profiler
reports my CPU as being 450 MHz instead of 300 like it
should... X records it right.  Any suggestions?  It's
almost like 9 is being over-bussed or something, but I
reset the open firmware, etc.  It's really strange.
Any help anyone can give me would be very great... I'm
in a panic because I leave for China soon and I need
the PowerBook for my photos :D (hopefully if I can get
this all cleared up >< ).  Thanks so much for anyone's
help!

Eric

=====
a.k.a. Yoshiki Kodomatsu
Generations Bubblegum Crisis Tokyo 2040:
http://www.crosswinds.net/~bgc-tokyo2040/