-----Original Message-----
From: G-Books [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Adam
Thayer
Sent: Saturday, August 23, 2003 6:31 PM
To: G-Books
Subject: Re: DVD in OS X on a Lombard (How-To)

"Hmm, I also forgot to mention that the instructions should also work on

G4 upgraded Wallstreet machines."

I have followed your lead and have a wallstreet II with a G4 Blue Chip
500 mhz installed, along with OSX 10.2.6. I have also hacked the
Plist.Info per Accelerate Your Mac to add Device ID 0x4c501002 to the
line of hardware identifiers. With and Without the Zoom card in the
wallstreet the DVD player will launch, the screen will darken for a
count of 2, then return with message that the DVD player has
unexpectedly quit. This hardware, the dvd drive and the pc card work
under OS 9.2.2. any thoughts? Thanks for the inspiration. I am trying to
remember where the Dmessage log is under OSX.