t. (Jkr <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>) wrote:
>hi all got a quickey when i got my lombard the battery showed up but would
>not charge, now the book doent even recogized the battery as in.
>ive checked the archive and tried reseting the pmu i also replaced the pmu
>board, also zapped the pram but still wont show battery any one got any
>ideas as to what i can try now?
I've had very good luck using Battery Reset to return batteries to life.
Will it work for you? Dunno, but the best candidates seem to batteries
that are completely unrecognized by the PB. I revived 4 or so that showed
_no_ life at all. The one battery that wouldn't revive was the one that
_did_ show up but never charged past a single blinking light.

Now mind you, a couple of those revived aren't exactly towers-of-power in
terms of useful life but at least they are once more _useful_. However
the other two are 3-4 hour runners, all-in-all quite a jump in value from
the lumps of plastic and lithium I was ready to toss into a junkbox.

KB info page here:
DL here:
<http://download.info.apple.com/Apple_Support_Area/Apple_Software_Updates/E
nglish-North_American/Macintosh/PowerBook/PB_G3_Series/Battery_Reset_2.0.sm
i.bin>

For the price it's certainly worth trying, eh? ;-)

hth,

Dan K

http://macdan.n3.net/
carracho://dankephoto.dhs.org:9700