> I'm using Word X on my Pismo with no problems.  I think your problem is that
> the thesaurus is an interactive script while the dictionary is not.  If you
> highlight a word in your document first, then bring up the dictionary, it'll
> bring up the definition on your screen.  Clicking on the thesaurus at that
> point will bring up the interactive script with the dictionary still displayed
> on the screen.  Just keep in mind that the thesaurus is interactive, not a
> static screen.

I can get both the Dictionary and the Thesaurus up alongside the document on
the screen at the same time; this is not the issue.

Bringing them up as you describe still does not allow me to leave the
Thesaurus to perform any other tasks in Word without closing its window.

In Office 2001 Word I can go between the two Word Tools (using them BOTH for
information) without closing the Thesaurus. (However, in both programs it is
necessary to close the Thesaurus to work on the Word document)

The operation in Office X Word that I describe is either an error of
programming or I'm missing something, for the way that it operates in the
most recent version lacks the versatility of the earlier version. This is
incomprehensible to me.

The versatility that I describe above is one of the most important factors
for which I purchased this program.