Date: Wed, 03 Sep 2003 23:06:38 +0800
From: "Antony N. Lord" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Lombard crashing

The cache is fubar. This is a known problem with Lombards :

<http://www.pbzone.com/archive/1002_1thru7.shtml>

Don't expect to be able to fix it (unless its under extended
warranty) or you're interested in replacing the processor with either
a second hand one (from a scrapped Lombard) or a processor upgrade...

One of mine died like this a few weeks back. Some users have reported
their Lombards continue to deteriorate until the point where they
won't boot at all.

Cheers, Antony

Antony - this is what I suspected... I knew I'd seen this pop up before but as
we only have one Lombard I wasn't certain. Thank you for the heads up.
Luckily this machine is on extended warranty thru January of 2004 so they
will repair it.... I won't waste my time messing with it any further... Eric