On Saturday, September 6, 2003, at 09:23 am, G-Books wrote:

Apple has changed the format of the restore CD's a number of times. The
most recent restore CD's require that OS X be installed. Then once you
install OS X you can put restore CD #1 in and follow the instructions. At a
point the installer will ask you what you would like to restore:
[snipped]
Etc. Then you choose what you would like to install and go for it. I do
this everyday in my work. If the customer only wants 9 installed I install
X, restore it, reboot to 9 and then toss all the X system stuff. I'm
actually quite steamed at Apple for not putting a 9.2.2 universal installer
on their internal site so we techs can download it. We can D/L 9.2.1, but
there are a number of machines (from about the 800MHz flat panel iMac and
up) that will not boot to 9.2.1 and require 9.2.2. That means that as a
tech I have to call the customer and ask them to bring in their restore
CD's. If they haven't lost them. If they *have* lost them then they are
SOL.

--
Kyle H. Hansen

Can't you then make your own 9.2.2 CD from the updates? Create a disk image of the .1 and update it to .2 and then burn to a CD? Or does an image not allow itself to be updated?

-----
JSH
TiBook