On Monday, September 8, 2003, at 04:51 AM, Ron van Veen wrote:

Be sure it is a DVD-R (Not a DVD+R), otherwise iDVD does not recognise the drive.
When it is a DVD-R it should work fine. Maybe you need special drivers for it.

Ron

I don't see any reason why you would not be able to make it work (other than size restrictions) if it is the model shipping in the 17" PBs. The drivers are already included in OS X, and it already supports DVD-R...

Make sure the dimensions are close enough, and be aware that you will not be able to use the bezel from your DVD-ROM drive.

Have fun!