On 9/16/03 4:18 PM, "Jim Eddy" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>>> Drool drool...I want one!  Too bad it can't boot in 9...until my
>>> particular
>>
>> I'll wait a year for the next model to come out... I'd never buy a
>> brand new computer ever again. Someone else can take the first year's
>> depreciation hit.
>
> Well, I guess we'll be the guinea pigs. My wife needs a powerbook and
> this one seems to be the one to have (the low end 15").
> The old 12" Al-books are $1200 refurbished at the Apple Store.

I placed my order for a 15" with my local dealer this morning...I hope Apple
doesn't keep all the stock for their own stores and keep my dealer waiting!
Yes, I know I can get it fast from Apple but my state exempts teachers from
paying sales tax on hardware and software but Apple charges the tax
regardless. My dealer gives a discount to teachers and with no sales tax
I'll pay $150 less.

Naturally there is some risk in buying a brand new machine but (knock on
wood) I've been the first on my block to own a PB 140, blackbird, lombard,
tangerine iBook, and iceBook and each has been a joy to own. Sheesh! I've
owned entirely too many notebooks! Actually I'd intended to buy a TiBook
when the new machines were released but they are in such a short supply that
my dealer has a waiting list.

david