on 17/09/03 09:15, Pauline Blackwood at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Hi,
>
> My Wallstreeet  Powerbook has broken screen hinges. I have to prop it
> up against books just to use it...:)  I live in Toronto, Canada and I
> was wondering if there are any other Canadian Wallstreet owners on this
> list who had this problem and how did they fix it. I know that
> PBParts.com will replace the hinges with steel hinges . Has anyone used
> this company? Is it worth for me to ship my book to the states... or
> should I just try to find a local service shop. Thanks for help...:)

I've used the services of PowerBook Parts a few times, when I had my
Wallstreet. They're very professional, their prices are among the best and I
always had a great experience with them. I recommend them. I have no other
affiliation with them other than being a very satisfied customer.

BTW, I did read a few posts in comp.sys.mac.portables from a guy in Toronto
called, I think, the "Laptop Doctor" or the "PowerBook Doctor". He was
offering the same services than PowerBook Parts. If you could find him,
maybe it would be cheaper and faster? I don't have any experience with him,
though...

-Laurent.
Logiciels Nemesys Software               mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

BUAG // n.: [abbreviation, from alt.fan.warlord] Big Ugly ASCII Graphic.
Pejorative term for ugly ASCII art, especially as found in sig blocks. For
some reason, mutations of the head of Bart Simpson are particularly common
in the least imaginative sig blocks. See warlording.