Sorry, but at this point the only option is an expensive one. Drive Savers can recover data from a drive like this (as long as you aren't writing data to the disk!!!)... but they charge a very hefty fee to do so, as they use clean rooms, special equipment and take your drive apart to read the platters manually with their equipment.

Other than that... your only option is to re-create your drive by taking your data and backing it back up onto the drive. By erasing, you probably lost everything beyond a software solution's ability to recover. (An erase destroys the current file map and makes a new one... preventing Norton/etc from doing their job)