On Wednesday, September 17, 2003, at 12:30 pm, G-Books wrote:

Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2003 09:40:24 +0200
Subject: Re: new lombard owner/cdrw
From: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

From: Adam Thayer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Lombard/airport?
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2003 19:49:28 -0700

Well, if you are running OS X 10.2.x, I recommend the OWC
802.11g/802.11b card for 50$. Their stuff is cheap and I haven't had a
problem with their stuff.

For the CDRW, most bare drives will fit in the expansion bay case, just swap
out the original CD drive in about 5-10 minutes.
Check first at xlr8yourmac.com, under Drive Compatibility Database, then
under Lombard and Expansion Bay, to see what users have to say. Then check
ebay and buy from a reputable seller. CDRW drives are a lot cheaper than
combo drives these days.
If you have the Lombard 400 model with DVD, there are bare combo drives that
will work too.
Good luck.
Chris

If you are running OSX, then the Lombard isn't supported for DVD playback, is it? A bare CDRW can be had on eBay for somewhere around $20 now, and switching them out is easy. Modifying the burn support document is also simple if you get a model that isn't natively supported. If you get a Matshita model, then your faceplate will fit better. I have put their combo drives into Pismos, but still have to drill out a hole for one of the three screws on the faceplate. I guess that's the penalty for having that cool curvy body.

-----
JSH
TiBook