I have the older 867 Mhz model and I hade the same worries about heat. It
was alarming at first. My friends that want to log on to their mail accounts
with my laptop get scared and think they're touching a stovetop.

I guess people get scared and think they will burn themselves. I tell them
to relax. After a short period, I have become acclimated to the heat so it
doesn't even bother my palms anymore.

I remember some company made some kind of gel wrist pad to place on the palm
rest. I can't remember the name or the URL.

I would recommend a CoolPad to place under the laptop to help airflow. I
didn't like the heat on my lap unless it's in the cold winter nights.

On 9/19/03 11:40 PM, the Defendant "G-Books" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
said:

> Subject: FW: Is the 12 inch powerbook cooler?
> Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2003 15:03:05 +0100
> From: "Neal Gordon" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>
> Has anyone actually seen the new 12 inch Powerbook? I was thinking of =
> buying a 12 inch PB previously but was a bit put off by how hot the =
> machine got. I was curious to see if they were able to reduce the heat =
> build up on the new Powerbook.
> =20
> =20

:-)  Wilson - Guam, U.S.A.

- - - P L E A S E   C U T   A L O N G   D O T T E D   L I N E - - -
You can bend my ear
We can talk all day
Just make sure I'm around
When you've finally got something to say.  -- TOAD THE WET SPROCKET