From: David Ensteness <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Pismo DVD
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2003 16:17:01 -0500

ooh ouch, looks like I was wrong on that one. OK, point taken.

David
Bzzt!

Symptom

        If a serial or LocalTalk device is connected to the S-Video port
        on the PowerBook G3 Series (Bronze Keyboard and FireWire) or
        PowerBook G4, the computer will not startup properly. The Mac OS
        splash screen and extensions along the bottom of the screen do
        not appear during startup. When the desktop loads, there is no
        menu bar however some icons may appear on the desktop area.

Affected Products

                PowerBook G3 Series (Bronze Keyboard)
                PowerBook G3 Series (FireWire)
                PowerBook G4