At 1:29 PM -0400 9/22/03, David Stephenson wrote:
I've finally switched to Jag (can't believe it took me so long, but I'd somehow built it up in my mind as much more of a transition than it really was), and am having one problem. I just sent my first email to a Windoz recipient that included a v. 9 Word document as an attachment. I saved it as a Word document, included the .doc suffix, but the recipient said it came across as gibberish (it was a resume, and, come to think about it, maybe that was a comment on my background, not on the formatting...). Any ideas?

You have three issues to worry about. First is the encoding, I don't know what options are available with Mail.app but in Eudora you have AppleSingle, AppleDouble, BinHex and UUencode. Of those I think AppleDouble is the one you'd want (even though it's going to Windows). If they receive the file with the same name and extension then it's not likely the encoding.

Second is the Mac to Windoze issue. All the later versions of Word seem to work okay just sending the file to Windoze machines so I don't think that is the problem.

The third issue is does the recipient have a newer version than you or not. What versions of Word are you and your recipient using. If yours is newer then that is likely the problem. You can try saving the file as an older version.
--
Clark Martin
Redwood City, CA, USA