----- Original Message -----
From: "Jacob Saariaho" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "G-Books" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Tuesday, September 23, 2003 9:50 AM
Subject: Re: Lombard Battery & Memory

> I was going to upgrade my HD to a 20GB 5400RPM IBM TravelStar but Other
> World Computing was out of stock. I got impatient and went with with
> 30GB 4200RPM, was this a mistake? I'm hoping to get my Lombard up to
> speed to at least work iMovie and maybe Final Cut Pro. I don't expect
> it to cruise but I don't want it to crawl either. Has anyone attempted
> the BlueChip G4 processor upgrade? It intrigues me, but for the price I
> want some assurance of reliability.

I've been running the BlueChip upgrade in my Pismo for almost 7 months and
am delighted with it. I also maxed memory out with 2 512 MB cards and a 40
GB hard drive. It is one smoking machine; the only caveat, battery life is
significantly shortened, i.e. I get about 1.5 hours on my batteries which
are about 3 years old. I'm about ready to investigate either rebuilding one
or buying a replacement. I've held off doing that since I rarely am on
battery. In my truck I have a battery adapter that plugs into a lighter
outlet. I also purchased one of those rechargable car jumper battery packs
that have a lighter outlet so I can use it when I am in our hunting camp in
the fall, great for DVD viewing.

Joe Ellis