Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2003 09:20:57 -0400
Subject: Re: using a PowerBook Wallstreet 300 in a coffee shop?
From: w miller caribsea(a-t)bellsouth.net

I finally was able to sit in my recliner with my Lombard (OS 9.2.2) on my
lap, happily checking email and accessing the Internet.  I downloaded the
driver for my Wavelan Silver card from IOXperts and it works! I thought I
would mention that they told me to disable Airport in order to use the card.
I did, and it does work.

I've had good luck using my Wavelan Silver card in my Lombard using the Apple Airport drivers (OS 9.2.2).

BTW, I have a Linksys wireless router.

Me too.

Does anyone have experience with printing through this system?

I had the powerprint setup with my wallstreet (Wavelan Silver and OS 9.2.2), I haven't set it up on the Lombard yet but I think it should work.
<http://www.strydent.com/strydent-software-products/powerprint-networks.html>

The powerprint hardware is a box that plugs into the printer (parallel port) and the network (ethernet). The software is a Powerprint printer driver for your specific printer. They have a list of the printers that they have drivers for on the website.

The set-up worked nicely with my Canon BJC 4550 inkjet.
I got mine from E-bay, I think it might be an orphaned product (not available new).
I have the manual and other useful files if you end up with one.

--
Andrew in Ann Arbor
technology is the answer, what was the question?