On Tuesday, October 7, 2003, at 10:16 PM, Ken Strayhorn wrote:

I recently purchased a G4 867 to replace my workhorse PB 3400. One of the
selling points for my boss was the ability to retain my ton of legacy SCSI
devices like scanners, especially my old Color OneScanner, which is
perfect to carry on the road.

I was expecting to be able to boot my new G4 into OS 9, but when I select
"start up disk" there's no OS 9 folder. The system does run Classic Environment,
but will not boot to OS 9.

So, is it possible to install OS 9 on this new PowerBook? I have a copy of the
OX 9.1 disk that came with my OS X install disks when I upgraded all the
office desktops. Also have the PowerBook restore disks, but that doesn't seem
to have OS 9 on them, unless I just looked in the wrong place.

I have a TiPB 867 purchased Jan 2003. The Software Install and Restore disk [a DVD] has OS 9.2.2 on it. Maybe you were given the incorrect Software Restore disk?

HTH

Peter Sealy
Thurgoona AUSTRALIA