Hi all,
I noticed that when my pb wallstreet (OS 10.2.6; 512mb ram; 60gb hd;
original 266mhz G3 processor) is running lots of apps (powerpoint, word,
appleworks, photoshop 7, maybe a couple of other small apps) it starts to
run really slow, and gets really hot sitting on my lap, and I see that dang
beach ball way too often...

So I got this Idea: I went in the freezer and got one of those blue ice
thingies you put in a cooler to keep stuff cold (this one's a packet, its
flexible, even when frozen) I put it under the wallstreet, with a towel
between it and me, and presto! In just a few minutes, in the time it takes
the wallstreet to cool down clear up to the cpu, my apps start behaving much
better again.

Of course, it ain't the perfect solution-- that cpu is a heat engine! the
blue ice thingy is used up in about 15 minutes. I suppose I'll need to buy
several.. Sort of like rechargeable batteries, ya know?

Sid