It really depends what guest OS you try to use. I can tell you that it won't run anything above Windows 98 well on that machine, but it will run. I ran VPC 5 and 6 on a 500mHz Pismo, and the performance was slow but acceptable emulating Win98. Running Windows 2000 was painfully slow. Completely unuseable. Interestingly enough, VPC with Win98 ran better on my 500mHz Pismo than on a 600mHz iBook. The cache makes a big difference.