From: Illovox Media <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Some bozo wrote me off this thread
<snip>
Then he said that because he was paying for his daughter's wedding,
Steve Jobs should give him free software designed for his old machines.
<snip>

Ha ha, that brings me back to all the people who complained that
the latest software that required colour and 640x480 wouldn't run
on their SEs, Classics etc.

I am in a bit of a pickle with my stuff and the future support, or not
as the case may be, of Panther on non-USB fitted Macs, e.g. my wife's
neat Wallstreet (a very nice laptop IMO), but I'd never blame Apple
for dropping support with new releases of the OS.

In an ideal world, Apple would have a crystal ball and would therefore
be able to develop the hardware so that it would be easily supported
with new OS releases, but this is the rel world and I can imagine how
much of a restraint it must be when developing the next generation
to have to think, "oh yeah, we've got to make this run on Bob's 4400
as well..."

Laurence