I think you guys are missing the boat on MS's intentions. I think it is a simple matter of them knowing that a significant number of mac users, given sufficient experience with windows, will become comfortable enough with it to ditch apple. They've lowered the price already, which to me shows they want to lure more mac people into using windows. That's all there is to it, I think.

The reason I say this is that I am a fairly typical user, and this is what happened to me. I used windows in VPC, got comfortable with it, became irritated with apple for a few reasons, sold my mac, bought a pc, bought another pc. For the difference in money, I can live with a pc now. I bought a pb12" because there truly was nothing else pc or otherwise that could compete (sony vaio probably the closest), but I wouldn't buy anything apple again, if it doesn't provide comparable value in its hardware (osX isn't enough nicer than XP to warrant the price differences for me). All because of VPC. kj.