Also a source for a replacement plastic foot for the white ibook. Apple wants $15 I heard.
Ralph

On Saturday, November 15, 2003, at 11:39 PM, Gordon Bruce Lawson wrote:

At 9:48 PM -0500 11/15/03, G-Books wrote:
> Hi.
Please share with me what is the racket going on with
replacing the powerbook rubber feet for a Pismo? I've visited at
least three websites where they are trying to sell replacement
stick-on rubber feet for close to $20. The lowest price at one site
wanted $10 for the strip of four black stick-on rubber feet but then
their shipping and handling was $10. This is insane since the weight
isn't even listed because it does not register on most postal scales.
Yup, you guessed it a first class no. 10 envelope for thirty seven
cents and away they go.
So as a temporary measure I went to Home Depot and purchased
clear stick-on cabinet door bumpers 3/8" package of twenty for $2.
The thickness is greater but I'm testing the first one to see if it
stays on.
Does anyone else have a suggestion for a reasonably priced
source of black powerbook feet?
Thanks
Brent Baeslack <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Go to a framing shop (picture framing).... they sell various colours of rubber bumpers to keep pictures from scratching walls... come in different sizes... might fit the bill...

Had a funny thing happen with my new (to me) Lombard... had left it plugged in and when i came home it wouldn't boot/start when i pushed the power button... nothing... unplugged it...popped out the battery and it fired up... it was warm on the bottom. Does one not leave the unit plugged in after the battery has charged? Would it have been the heat?

thanks all

gordon

Small Dog Electronics http://www.smalldog.com | Refurbished Drives |
-- Check our web site for refurbished PowerBooks | & CDRWs on Sale! |