Hey everybody...

I received my copy of Panther as soon as it came out. I installed it without
incident on my Ibook 700 mhz and our home Imac 500 mhz. My Mom's computer
would not install her copy. I checked software update and all firmware
updates prior to putting it in and updated everything. The Upgrade starts
fine and runs through all the screens and starts writing the files, then at
45% completion, it stops (the blue aqua bar still is animated, but it will
not go any farther). Nothing else is effected, the mouse works etc. I tried
several times with the same results. Tried upgrade first, then erasing
everything and starting fresh, still would not go past 45%.

Her computer: Imac 333 mhz, 384 ram, 7 GB HD, Dual USB (No firewire).

After struggling with this for 2 days, I tried loading Jaguar and it went
without a hitch and is running fine.

Anyone heard of any similar problems or fixes? Thanks.

Wayne
[EMAIL PROTECTED]