OK, I'm new on the gbook list but I"ve been on the PowerBook list for years.

Ok, I'm re-doing a Wall St. 266 from the ground up. I've already gotten the
new stainless steel hinges, cover latch, etc. etc. and before I got around to
getting the new memory, pair of 256 SODIMMS, I went ahead and tried to install
X.3. I had heard that it wouldn't do it but I wanted to try anyway. I had just
completely reformatted the drive and installed fresh 9.2.2 and went ahead and
tried. To my suprise it went ahead and progressed with the install all the
way to the 2nd to last step when it told me that I didn't have enough memory
(only 96 at that time, last Wed.) so I let it close out. New memory came this
morning, installed it, now maxed out at 512 (unless one of you has found a way to
get even more RAM in this) and tried to continue with the X.3 install, it
now, quickly comes up with the "cannit install, unit not compitable with X.3" or
words to that effect.

Anyone make this work yet? I even tried removing the bits of X.3 that the
previous attempt had successfully installed thinking that some "widgit" had been
left behind by the previous install and "poisoned" the further attempts.

Any suggestions? If I can make this work I'm thinking about getting the G4
500 card from Sonnett and installing it.

Thanks,
Victor