Illovox Media wrote:

on 11/26/03 11:39 AM, Bruce Johnson at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

James G (Jim) Hardwick wrote:

But what about copying the system files?  I always ran into to trouble
there when trying to mass restore like you are describing. Does copying
the DT database in 9 cover that problem?

System files are copied by dragging the System folder over. I deal with desktop items by creating a new folder on the other drive, calling it old desktop stuff, and dragging files from the Desktop to there.

Aliases will have to be recreated, anyway, if you're switching over to
the new drive. You don't need to worry about the desktop DB files, those
will get recreated automatically by the System if needed, or you can
force it by rebuilding the desktop.

You should not have run into problems doing this, I never have...what
happened?

The problem is that system files are not blessed by simply dragging. How do you drag them and make it so they are blessed?

Drag the system file out of, and back into a system folder to bless it.

--
Bruce Johnson
University of Arizona