on 01/12/03 00:13, DPrice at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> I am running Jaguar but would like to have OS 9 as well to run a few
> applications. Can I install it alongside X?  When I put in the CD and
> click on install, i get a message that the Classic environment can't
> be found. Should I start it with the CD? Very confused here.

Yes, you should start from the CD to install, since there is no OS 9
installed yet, you can't use Classic to install it. It's like the chicken
and egg problem.

BTW, if you can (I guess it's too late but), try to install on a different
partition. In the event that you need to perform a clean install of OS X,
you won't have to re-install 9 if it is on a different partition/disk.

-Laurent.
Logiciels Nemesys Software               mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

buzzword-compliant: [also `buzzword-enabled'] Used (disparagingly) of
products that seem to have been specified to incorporate all of this month's
trendy technologies. Key buzzwords that often show up in buzzword-compliant
specifications as of 2001 include `XML', `Java', `peer-to-peer',
`distributed', and `open'.