On Monday, December 8, 2003, at 07:26 AM, Charles wrote:

On Saturday, December 6, 2003, at 10:33 PM, Stewart Ebneter wrote:

I read somewhere that g5's will never be used in powerbooks, because they
are just too hot for such. this is why they went to so much trouble with
the cooling system in the g5 desktop.

I wouldn't put money on it. How many times have you heard technology prognosticators say this or that "will never happen" only to be proven wrong within a year? Do you think Apple is going to just stop making laptops? They'll find a way. Maybe a new cooler chip? Or perhaps liquid cooling is coming. Hmmm... I can see the new System Prefs pane now - "Liquid Coolant Settings: Check Levels; Change Now!" Do you think AAA will offer PowerBook roadside assistance?

Charles

G5's run cooler than G4's, so a G5 laptop will happen.

700MHz iBook running 10.2.8 Macs for life! http://homepage.mac.com/nikon80x/Menu2.html