On Thu, Dec 11, 2003 at 08:59:23AM -0000, Josh Watson wrote:
:
: Does anyone have any addresses/sites for lists that are more open and nice.
: Its more fun like that (in the style of uk.comp.sys.mac).
:
: This list is going exactly the way vintage macs did before the new nanny
: came along. I for one can't be arsed even lurking on a list like this. I'd
: rather put up with having to delete threads (oh so hard!) than put up with
: list nazis and crappy arguments over not much at all.

Most mailing lists have some kind of moderation.  Some are more actively
moderated than others.  A few are moderated to the point of censorship
(but not this one, IMHO).  For those curious, I can think of two OS X
lists that are minimally moderated:

        http://www.themacintoshguy.com/lists/X.html

The former is a more minimally moderated list that is still focused
on OS X trouble-shooting, while the latter is just talking and very
little trouble-shooting.

If people feel that they want less restrictive list moderation, I think
people should have the choice to either find a forum they are more happy
with or even start their own forum.  Of course, if you start your own
little forum, you might find it tough to play the role of a moderator
without seeming heavy-handed to some list members.

--
Eugene Lee
eugene at anime dot net