> From: "G-Books" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2003 09:57:40 -0500
> To: "G-Books" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Subject: G-Books Digest #1513
>
> Subject: Re: lombard to pismo lcd?
> From: "Laurent Daudelin" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>
> On 12/12/03 11:06, "Joe" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>> does anyone know if it is possible to take the lcd off my lombard 333 MHz
>> laptop and put it on a Pismo 400 MHz laptop?
>
> I don't think that this would work since the ribbon or display cable is not
> the same...
>
> -Laurent.

I've done it with a 400MHz Lombard to a 400MHz Pismo--using the whole lid.

I had to use the inverter (the long skinny PC board that lies between the
hinges) from the Pismo as the Lombard's had one less (or was it one more)
pin where it plugged into the mother board. Everything else was the same.

Two problems: It won't go to sleep when you close the lid (I have to do it
manually) BUT it DOES wake up when you open the lid.

And the mic doesn't work. I've not investigated either thoroughly.

Jack